Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Navigation Extravaganza - Why your app shines with unique and original navigation

App "Kitty" CatApp "Kitty" Cat Bouncer Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Design
Feeling right at home is a very important factor when people open your app the first time. That's why we're the only instant app making gin joint with dazzling animated menus only found in top app store apps. This ain't the 90s web, kiddo, and we're here to sing a song about it.

Comments

• joemadden1941joemadden1941 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 110
    The animated opening and flying buttons are sure eye-catchers for a first tine view by the prospect, but they do slow the opening. For some of my apps I have elected to drop the animated opening and make a real relevant canvas screen. Hope Kitty and crew come up with more flying themes soon.
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Animated themes do not slow down the apps at all. Many pix in the gallery and old devices slow the app download (initial, but from then on it's saved on iPhone).
    Joe, are you using a rather old iPhone?
    Animated opening screens are a big convincer. And just last week we introduced a way for you to re-trigger it while you're pitching the product: In "about" just tap the icon and your animation starts again.
  • ImGoingAppsImGoingApps Lounge Lizzard Posts: 100
    I guess that explains lunch
    edited October 2012
    can you now change flying menu icons ? You might want to use ads where the photos section is at something along those lines
    Guess this discussion page is already paying off. I really don't want to leave off the animated part of my initial presentation. I will review last week's addition on re-triggering. I have a 9 month old Iphone 4s. Thanks for the great advice. I am here to learn.
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Moving topic back to "Navigation"...
    There are plans for alternative flying buttons. Do you guys like those? They're totally unique in this industry and make a brilliant first impression.
    Todd themes would be nice I'm working on an app for a racing team, it would be nice to see a flag, tires etc. holidays would be nice too.
  • SarahSkinnyGoldSarahSkinnyGold Cigarette Girl Posts: 99
    @ImGoingApps Are you mainly using flying buttons for your customers or mainly the new stylable "classic top-bottom nav"?
    Most of my apps are for restaurants, since that's my profession. I have some uses for a hamburger or pizza. would like to see a steak, fish, french fry, or sandwich come rolling across the screen.
  • MichelleCraigMichelleCraig Lounge Lizzard Posts: 101
    And lobster, Joe! Gotta have some lobster!
    Oh yea: That is a rare order here in East Texas. Chicken Fried Steak and BBQ country.
    I need a chicken to walk across the screen.
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    So THAT'S why the chicken crossed the street!!
    Why did the Crocodile walk across the street?
    I went blank I'll have to call Cajun Food Chef in South Lousiana. There has to be an app for that.
    edited October 2012
    The chicken walked across the street because he wanted to be served at Pops Fried Chicken http://appcat.com/popsfriedchicken
    There is a restaurant in the city I recently moved to, @joe, called Texas Roadhouse. I had my first chicken-fried anything there! But Texas is where I learned how the whole "scattered, smothered, covered" thing works. Mmmmm :P
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    There better not be any croc meat at these restaurants, it could be my cousin you're eating!!
    :))
    Some have Alligator meat, But a true Texan loves Calf Fries, it you are in a true Texas joint you better order Mountain Oysters. My company has them frozen, but Fresh Cut is real cowboy's favorite.
    Hey Ben, how close is a crock to a gator? Might be some some distant kin,
    you reckon?

There is a restaurant in the city I recently moved to, @joe, called Texas Roadhouse. I had my first chicken-fried anything there! But Texas is where I learned how the whole "scattered, smothered, covered" thing works. Mmmmm :P

One day this blonde came into the hunting store.
    She asked the clerk, "What's the lowest price on the crocodile boots?"
    The clerk responded, "Our best price is $200, if you want a pair any cheaper than that there is a lake down the road, maybe you can get a pair for yourself down there."
    The blonde says, "Well, okay then! I'll just go down to the lake."

About 5 hours later the clerk is walking by the lake on his way home.
    He sees the blonde grabbing crocodiles out of the lake and then throwing them back in.

Amazed at this he walks closer… eventually coming close enough to hear her saying, "Damn it! No boots on this one either!"
    Are those guys in Vegas? That some good eaten we gottem in Dallas and Austin. I can't sell that chain, so when I go there I fill my pockets with free peanuts. amd leave lots of empty hulls on the floor. If they find out and hunt me down I will make them an app, but it won't be cheap.
    Ha Ha Ha Ha I love it. My wife is a blond. She must have 500 pairs of shoes. I am posting this on my facebook page.
    @joemadden1941 ... Check your e-mails in a minute. I am sending YOU an idea for a change! LOL :D
    I wonder how many views a clean joke app would get? That blond joke would have to be on the YOU screen.
    I have been charging $40 to upgrade an app to work on Android anyway. Just didn't know they could see it on their Android although It wouldn't make an Icon and become an app before buying. Good sales tip. Usually the person I am trying to sell has an Android or wants the app Android capable. Now I can show him it works. As for Push I plan to use that feature as much as possible while its free, to apply special messages to the phones of some of my app customers that seem to have much more potential than they have shown thru the number of downloads showing. Speaking of that, how about a search box in the your apps screen to find an app without having to scroll down 60 or 70 apps. And, could the number of visitors be included in the name screen, instead of having to open it. To me this is the key revolence indicator of how the app is progressing, and should I make some changes. I have more quirky stories coming. It's all about having fun and making an app memorable. Almost Everybody you contact has potential to buy an app, if not they may be a good source of advertising by making them something to talk about. They will eventually tell some business person there is an app maker in town, let me show you what they an do.
    appcat.com/oldstjohnschurch Kinda of a public service app.
    appcat.com/michaelblake My grandson;
    appcat.com/advanced My Roofer. I will update this one when they are crawling on top of my house.
    That search window idea is a good one! =D>