Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Real Names for your Android App .APK

ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
edited October 2012 in Updates
Instantly generated Android apps now carry the real name of the app (primospizza.apk). This makes it easier for your customers to find the file if they downloaded it or forwarded it. It also instills more trust and looks cleaner when/if you put it in Google Play Store. Big thanks to the guys from Droidswami.
This feature is part of the following massive update..

Comments

• Vicki Wilson ConleyVicki Wilson Conley Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
    are we still able to use Droidswami to create a free android app for the apps that we create through our back office? I was just building a new mockup app for a local chiropractor and it looks like it's a $29.95 add on now for the Pro site.
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Vicky: By all means, go and support the guys at Droidswami. Jus be aware that if you create a standalone Android app on Droidswami it will NOT integrate with all your other apps.
    So if users go to app.cat/chiropractor they will NOT automatically get and Android app.
    They'll get an iPhone and Desktop app.

It's extremely counterintuitive to send people to many different places to get an app because people simply might not even know what device they have!

Please ask me if you don't follow. I am passionate about the total synergy that we offer here. Consumer first: Give them ONE address and they get the right app, no matter what!
  • Vicki Wilson ConleyVicki Wilson Conley Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
    Hi Todd, Thanks for getting back with me. Yes, I agree, one address. I'll just have to let them know that when they purchase, their app will be downloadable on both Iphone and Android but the will only get the desktop android app on the mockup. thanks again. Vicki
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    I am glad you agree that it makes most sense to offer an app "that just works on any device" via ONE download address (for example: http://app.cat/primospizza). It's much easier for the consumer because he doesn't have to think about what device he has or if he's on a computer. It'll just work for him.
  • joezjoez Lounge Lizzard Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    It looks like the price for Android .apk generation has gone up. So if I want an Android App to work along with the iPhone app, I have to spend more and if I want to anonymize it so my clients and prospects don't go directly to App Cat I have to spend a white label upgrade?
  • MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    edited November 2012
    Hi @joez

As app makers and app sellers we incorporate the cost of the re-branding into to the app cost, and the android (website PRO) is added as an extra if they wish to purchase this. Don't get side tracked with the Android side of things, the software was built for iPhone app.

For each app we design we pay for re-branding if we're paranoid about customers going to App.Cat directly and then if the clients wants other features we add the cost.
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    One interesting factoid: of our top 10 app makers, only 3 use re-branded domains....