Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Customer Rejections. I Didn't Sell This Client Because...........? Real Talk

ImGoingAppsImGoingApps Lounge Lizzard Posts: 100
edited October 2012 in Promote
All the tips from fellows app cats have been great ! Keep them coming , Now lets sell some apps. This discussion will deal with real life rejections , maybe someone has had a similar experience and can offer some real facts that support a better way to sell your client.
Here's one to get started I had a client who loved the app and it did everything he wanted except push message, at the time the feature wasn't unavailable , when the feature came online and I approached the client again , he still didn't commit to the sale because I was unwilling to lower the price any thoughts . I didn't sell this client because............? Real Talk

Comments

• perfectpperfectp Lounge Lizzard Posts: 87
    Without knowing the price, hard to comment on that part directly, but I have had clients that want it at a lower price, I just get up shake there hand and say sorry we can not help your business grow at this time... Then go to walk out. They normally stop me!

If you are happy with your price point, there is no reason to discount the App, You know its good and believe in it, this will come across in the sale.

Another option I have mentioned to a client is "Ok I will reduce the price for a percentage of your takings while you have our App" this normally gets a No Way.

Offer a refer fee to them to reduce the price?

• ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    @perfectp, Love the "take it or leave it"-approach. It shows your client that your product and service has sincere value and dignity. It's very attractive.
  • ImGoingAppsImGoingApps Lounge Lizzard Posts: 100
    @perfectp the cost was 799 before push was offered so I did lower the price when I offered the push messaging at no additional cost
  • EricEdgeEricEdge Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 274
    Love these discussions. @ImGoingApps I completely agree with @perfectp and @ToddGoldstein.

One things I'll add to the "take it or leave it"-approach is DON'T be arrogant - JUST CONFIDENT.

One more thing I believe is very important: When you know your App product and the value you offer and then work out your price-point you're comfortable with, NEVER BUDGE from it when you're presenting your App for sale.

If you change your price in order to close a deal, during the sale - it devalues the product and changes the focus from VALUE to PRICE. Then you open yourself for a price WAR!

Hope this has been INSIGHTFUL ;-)
  • Terry TrainerTerry Trainer Lounge Lizzard Posts: 198
    hahahaha was that a hint @EricEdge. Since these wonderful AppCat guys have been handing out early Christmas presents then I too can be generous... :))
  • EricEdgeEricEdge Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 274
    edited October 2012
    @ImGoingApps, having fun in all we do, including having fun while selling Apps attracts more sales, high profits and better friendships.
  • StephanieDStephanieD Lounge Lizzard Posts: 6
    I'd say because he isn't really interested. If he was going to buy way back when there was no Push available and now it is plus the great color options, fonts etc then he is just making excuses and only he knows the reason. I wouldn't sweat it. No reason to go down on price.
  • ImGoingAppsImGoingApps Lounge Lizzard Posts: 100
    edited October 2012
    EricEdge said:

@ImGoingApps, having fun in all we do, including having fun while selling Apps attracts more sales, high profits and better friendships.

thanks for changing your post I wanted to focus on RealLife sales experiences that happens in the field with live customers, your original post was off topic. Thanks

• Terry TrainerTerry Trainer Lounge Lizzard Posts: 198
    The possibility of maybe getting advertising return from putting up other company logos in the pic space ( as discussed elsewhere in the Lounge) might gve a sense of additional return ? Depends on what business your client is in.
  • SarahSkinnyGoldSarahSkinnyGold Cigarette Girl Posts: 99
    @EricEdge. Great advice. I agree to not budging on price. I DO "throw in" a goody here or there if that helps close the deal but my numbers don't come down.
  • joemadden1941joemadden1941 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 110
    I might reduce the price a little, in exchange for some positive references, and free product, depending on what they have to offer.
  • girlwithapplegirlwithapple Lounge Lizzard Posts: 17
    Has anyone of you tried adding your own fully fledged ads in the gravity ads space as a trade-off for say 5-10% discount? My feeling is the customer would probably then rather pay the full price if that is his only other option?