Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Is it possible turn off InstantApp access for a customer who behaves badly?

fb2209fb2209 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 19
edited September 2016 in InstantApp™
IstantApp is a great thing.
I would like to know if it is possible desable this service for a client.
For example, if I sell a new empty whitelabel app to a client with IA, I'm deciding He will pay me for this and he will pay a mountly small fee for the service. What happen if he decide to stop paying the mountly fee? There is a way to put in standby his app? And in this case I hope will be not the posibility from a reddot reseller to adopt it.

Best Answers

Comments

• MichelleCraigMichelleCraig Lounge Lizzard Posts: 101
    edited September 2016
    @fb2209
    Wouldn't this be the same as if you were charging a person a monthly service fee for the app? If they don't pay, I would send a warning. If they still do not pay, I would disable the app. No pay, no play.
  • fb2209fb2209 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 19
    How con you disable the app? You have to erase completly the app?
    edited September 2016
    Of course, when the "bad" customer accesses their app, they will see that it is all gone. This shows that person that you do mean business! If that customer wants the app back, you could even charge a reduced amount for re-creating it! :)
    You are right but if my client has IA password I can't do nothing. If I change the name of the app doesn't change the password to access to InstantApp editor.
    Actually, changing the name of an app also changes it's URL.
    If you have an app that is appcat.com/mammamiapizzeria then the Instant App editing URL is appcat.com/mammamiapizzeria/edit . But, if it is changed to appcat.com/lorenalimousines then the editing URL changes also. I would think then that Mamma Mia Pizzeria wouldn't be able to access it anymore.
    He could bild his app again, and I should erase it again and so on
    And I couldn't sell the app to other client becouse the old owner could access and erase all. To solve the problem there will need a new password for IA Editor every time you change the App name.
    Nope. Here is what happens. I just did it in my own Studio.
    I keep a couple of apps that I can play with to see what happens when I do this or do that...
    So I took an app named Art. It had its own Instant App edit URL: appcat.com/art/edit/
    I changed the app name to GooglyMoogly.
    The edit URL changed to appcat.com/googlymoogly/edit/
    When I tried to go to appcat.com/art/edit/ it went to the App Cat website.
    you are right but surely if you had the app in your smartphone (like the old owner should have) you should see that the app upgrade the name with the new one you decided, reveling to the old owner the new name. New name + same password = he can do what he wants
    Of course this happen just if the old client have the InstantApp Editor password
    Maybe @ToddGoldstein, @Ben can explain the technical details that you seem to need for this. All I know is that you are worrying for nothing.
    edited September 2016
    @MichelleCraig
    I hope it is like you say.
    I have an app I can play too and I tryed to do this. And I think the old owner could create problems.
    @fb2209
    Did you know the password can be changed?
    When you delete the old app and make the new one; go into Instant App, scroll down and click on More... and there is a box there to change the password. There should be no way that your customer can get in.
    This is what i needed to know. Thank you very much for your help.
    You were very patient with me ;)
    @ToddGoldstein
    Oh Wow! Thank you so much for that!
    That is SO MUCH easier than what I was doing and suggesting to @fb2209!