Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Any thoughts?

RooplorRooplor Lounge Lizzard Posts: 13
I have been beavering on the App I want to use for my business app ( App designer ) and was really stuck for the photos page and I had a thought to perhaps use some screen shots of other appers from the App showcase as there are some really good examples.. just worried in case I upset anyone.. pics could be construed as adverts for their apps...any thoughts on this would be appreciated...

Comments

• MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    Hi @Rooplor

I wouldn't recommend this mate but if this is the route you wish to take I suggest you contact each app owner for permission
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    That's called stealing.
    Why not just make a bunch of "fake" apps? You can make unlimited apps....
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    So you can make unlimited apps yet you want to misappropriate other's work? I call that friggin LAZY! Outraged, dude!
  • RooplorRooplor Lounge Lizzard Posts: 13
    edited August 2016
    Ouch, that hurt @ToddGoldstein .. but well deserved , yes I was being Kinda lazy I guess..... I did intend to ask each app owner and NOT misappropriate others work without getting permissions and giving due credit but I guess I'm digging a deeper hole...sigh , I think @Ben comments were the ones I suppose makes more sense and will work on that asap.... I appreciate this forum as I get instant feed back... and a reality check now and then is a good thing.. thanks again guys I won't let you down....
    @Rooplor. No sweat.
    See: A few months ago we created "prefab templates". Those are the first 15 "designs" you see when making an app. They're different from the 100 templates that follow in that they also include stock pictures for the gallery and theme appropriate news feeds and such.
    What that means for you is: If you pick any of those first 15 designs you basically have a turn-key app that requires MINIMAL extra fiddling.
    Thus, this will be your perfect solution to save time to make a bunch of sample apps.
    @toddGoldstein working my way round the software I think I have managed to make 6 fake Apps as you described and hopefully can use them as a jumping point for touting them to potential customers , what with money globally tight , I'm at a loss of how much to sell them for , I want to obviously cover my time and expenses on the plugins bought ..but I can't seem to find anywhere from anyone a starting price that would reflect the quality of work and time involved in creation to completion.....
  • JayMarthersJayMarthers Lounge Lizzard Posts: 6
    Hi, new lounge member here!

I have been reading all over the lounge to learn about this software and am really excited about purchasing. I have seen a lot of example apps and was wondering about restaruant specific apps, specifically adding menus. Would this have to be done via hyperlink or is there a way to include it in the app? I haven't specifically seen that yet.

Thanks everyone
  • BrianPrince11BrianPrince11 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 8
    Hi and welcome Jay Mathers
    First off get rid of that space between Jay and Mathers, then we can address you as @jaymathers and you get notification of a message :)
    There have been several menus posted in Apps either in the news or in the"Your details"
    I have just done one at customers request but i don't like it and will create a file in dropbox to try to persuade them. This will leave the "your details" field available for exciting info.
    edited August 2016
    @jaymarthers
    HI Jay I was looking around the section called app showcase and there are a couple of ideas there I liked for restaurant menus , some appers took the photo of the food then opened it up in say Publisher and added text to the photo then added it to the photo section in the app, you could of course have a drop box account and hyper link to that with a pdf menu if you prefer, hope that helps
  • girlwithapplegirlwithapple Lounge Lizzard Posts: 17
    Rooplor said:

@toddGoldstein working my way round the software I think I have managed to make 6 fake Apps as you described and hopefully can use them as a jumping point for touting them to potential customers , what with money globally tight , I'm at a loss of how much to sell them for , I want to obviously cover my time and expenses on the plugins bought ..but I can't seem to find anywhere from anyone a starting price that would reflect the quality of work and time involved in creation to completion.....

@Rooplor - see the discussion here:
    http://appcat.vanillaforums.com/discussion/69/here-is-how-i-started-selling-apps-grew-my-business

That really answered my pricing questions very well - it's bold, but as far as I can see it works. Plus you don't undercut the rest of the app sellers in the market.. if we all stick to a similar "going rate", we all win in the end.
    Thanks @brianprince11 and @rooplor . I have heard of dropbox and will look into the app. Purchasing app.cat today. very excited to design some apps and create some business plans.
    Couple more questions for you guys. I am having a little trouble making the apps on both my IPhone and PC. Feels like they are out of order compared to each other. A small issue is I cant seem to figure out how to change the picture in the app from having a square border to the round border.

More importantly I white labeled my app, but when I click on turn by turn on the map page on the app and it asks if I want turn by turn directions it shows app.cat at the top of the box. Not band.cat like I purchased. Is this normal? Kind of worried people will eventually find out my secret.
    You're off-topic and most of those questions are answered elsewhere on the Lounge.
    Nope: White labeled apps do NOT show App.Cat if you bothered to not check an OLD install of said app previous to you whitelabeling it...
  • Feli1719Feli1719 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
    edited August 2016
    @jaymarthers go into whatever app you wanna change, click colors and fonts, custom and then under the content box menu you will see an option to change it :) I would double check on your app about the white label... I looked at one of mine that is and i have it coming up with appg...com for the directions :) hope this helps