Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Double your sales with the new Instant App

Comments

• mobileappzmobileappz Lounge Lizzard Posts: 2
    Hi Guys,

I just been purchased instant app plugin for my 1st client.
    When I want to purchase/switch ON 2nd another instant app plugin, it's doesn't appear in my app cat software.
    Do anyone have this experience before.
    Please enlighten me, much appreciate it.
    Thank you.
  • mobileappzmobileappz Lounge Lizzard Posts: 2
    Thanks App.Cat Support.

Problem sorted.
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Yes, you experienced an unjustified adoption-lock related to our tight security feature in Instant App. It's part of the new app adoption concept that allows you to take an orphan app (one that's been abandoned by the original app seller, leaving the app owner stranded with no way to update his app) and apply InstantApp to it so the business owner can continue using and updating his app.
    The system mistakenly thought you were adopting an app with InstantApp already active and thus prevented you from seeing login information (by not displaying IA inside your market). Glad we were able to correct this thanks to your post.
  • MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    edited September 2016
    Hi Todd

I had a question about this 'Adoption' feature but then found the new help article on http://help.app.cat/solution/categories/70267/folders/114978/articles/129185-can-i-add-plugins-to-someone-else-s-app-can-i-adopt-an-orphaned-app-

Looks like your preparing for announcement?!
  • Geoffrey UrchGeoffrey Urch Lounge Lizzard Posts: 24
    Hi Guy's
    Just a thank you to Appcat and the Team, sold an Instant App at the Weekend to a Pub, I did them and a Demo with there Menu, took my Laptop let them watch the Instant App video
    The Landlady said thats what we want to be able to edit our own App !
    The Fee was quoted agreed. Job Done
    The Video is Amazing and sell's the App for you
    Thanks Appcat
    Regards
    Geoffrey Urch
    UK
    @GeoffreyUrch That's great news. We've heard from various AppCatters that they now only carry their iPads to sell apps and InstantApp. They show the video on iPad, then they do a quick editing demo on iPad (which somehow feels even more intuitive than on a laptop because you see the fingers actually move stuff around).

Was this during operational hours (Pub busy)? I am asking this to find out if the 2 minute video ad should maybe get a little ADHD-brother for prospective clients in the middle of a shift with limited attention span...
  • AlainAlain Lounge Lizzard Posts: 111
    Todd, drum rolling for the annoucement!!!!! ;)
  • Geoffrey UrchGeoffrey Urch Lounge Lizzard Posts: 24
    Hi Todd,
    No it was quiet in the Pub
    Regards
    Geoff
  • CinarelliCinarelli Lounge Lizzard Posts: 14
    Hello =)
    I have a question, and I have been looking to see if it was asked previously but couldn't find if so please forgive me if this questions was answered already.

Q: How do you still justify charging for a monthly maintenance fee if the client is going to be maintaining their own app???

Thank you!!!
  • WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Cinarelli, the monthly fee is to give that client ongoing access.
    Most of us have learn't to charge monthly fee with or without instant app to cover additional time/changes etc you may allocate that client.
    I cannot speak for all, but I sold my first lot without this and now regret it. What this has given us is the introduction to those first clients as well about having their own access and now charging an ongoing fee.
    To me instant app gives you the cream on the cake, it will keep your business alive even when you have not sold any more apps. (thus hopefully no more orphan apps)
    Thanks to our App cat developers this has given you the app maker more reason to charge even if you thought you could not before. Simply marvelous tool. Ps. not all clients will use it, but most like the idea of having some control, so if all else fails the instant app will certainly help up sell your app.
    Hi @Wicked! =)
    I appreciate your answer! So when the client asks why he's being charged the monthly maintenance fee, my reply to him will be "Thank you Mr. client you are now being charged an assess fee-so that he can access his app and can change/modify it himself."
    is 99.95 a one time fee you charge along with the monthly maintenance fee?
    Thank you for your answering me by the way
    :D
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Cinarelli,
    Call the monthly fee what ever you like eg, hosting support what ever. For me it covers everything. Yes I will be charging them the one time fee to set it up for my older clients if they want it then charge them the ongoing support fee. My new ones it will be built into the price I sell for.
    Remember, this monthly fee could also include your time if they still need you, then you are covered and rewarded too for looking after them. :x

Just a thought, if the client wanted something free, they would be making it themselves correct!!!
    Thank you@Wicked!!!
    You are very helpful!!!! I just posted a question on adding pics you may know the answer?? I would like to add a pic to the *Special* tab but it's not a pic that sits on the web. How would I do that since this formula [imageL]picURL,linkURL[/image] needs a web addy?
    edited September 2016
    Hi @Cinarelli, You are off-topic in that tread. I answered your question in the other thread: http://appcat.vanillaforums.com/discussion/342/add-more-photos.
    Please try to stay on topic and not duplicate questions. :-)

Alain
    @Cinarelli no problem! Keep asking questions It is why the lounge exist. :-)
  • scfreelyscfreely Lounge Lizzard Posts: 36
    Hi, I noted that in our appcat admin control, there is a new button - "1 Minitues activation" that allow you to activate your reseller directory icon to a prominent level.
    However, I just can't select the box. Any suggestion.
  • Mark HarrissMark Harriss Lounge Lizzard Posts: 42
    @scfreely I see this addition too. At the top of the page it says this can be activated after achieving 20 instantapp sales. I'm not there yet, but it is a good incentive to be getting those conversions.
    edited September 2016
    Our authorized RedDot Sellers can accept credit cards on their IA seller pages.
    Our InstantApp Seller Directory identifies those sellers with a red badge:

People can then instantly add the InstantApp plugin to their existing app OR buy an entirely new app (with InstantApp activated) from that reseller's site:

This is part of the adoption process, which helps app owners who can't contact the person who made the app for them in the first place, but wish to edit their app via IA. They can contact any other IA seller and buy it from them OR they can instantly activate it by using an authorized RedDot Seller.

To be listed on InstantApp Seller Directory you need to fill out ALL fields of your profile (in Settings) and have a representative logo/icon.

To qualify for a RedDot badge you will have sold 20+ InstantApp Plugins.
    edited September 2016
    @ToddGoldstein, this reddot thingy, I may sound dumb right now, but to clarify what reddot is, Is it only about accepting credit cards for instantapp sales once you reach 20. Or does it carry more functions throughout overall. eg inside app selling?
    Sorry probably dumb question!!

Next question, if someone buys an app off our reseller site they automatically get instantapp? Is there a time limit still for this? Eg. Can edit for 48 hours then reverts to us the seller, does this still apply?

I think I am overwhelmed at the moment, Just loving the instantapp, and now another pressie.
    edited September 2016
    @ToddGoldstein, thank you for explaining, I am sure that helps others as well. So much going on at the moment. Very exciting. A very big thank you to you and your team behind the scenes.
    You'll LOVE this new feature!
    It puts images into text at the click of ONE button! No code, no tags, no headaches!

How to customize look & feel
    New and improved theme- and color options just added:

• MichelleCraigMichelleCraig Lounge Lizzard Posts: 101
    I hope this is the proper place to ask...
    I am trying to adopt an app. However, when I put the Adoption Code into App Cat Studio nothing happens.
    Does anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong?
    Thank You! :x
    @MichelleCraig Not everyone can adopt apps. Not all apps can be adopted either. Our algorithms try to determine "clean" matches for security reasons.
    Also: If you own App.Cat Studio ONE (limiting your factory portfolio to 1 single app) you cannot adopt apps either.
  • MichelleCraigMichelleCraig Lounge Lizzard Posts: 101
    Aaaahhh... OK. Thank You! ;)
  • SarahSkinnyGoldSarahSkinnyGold Cigarette Girl Posts: 99
    @ToddGoldstein, @Ben THANK YOU for all the amazing updates. And I just found the sound embedding widget which answers a lot of my musician app customer's prayers!
    @MichelleCraig hang in there, I used to have certain apps I couldn't adopt, now that the system "trusts me" I can adopt tons of orphan apps.
    Oh, and thanks for the great new look on http://instantapp.com/yes and the added option for PayPal monetization!!!
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    Hey @SarahSkinnyGold, our bosses are working us to the bone, so I'm glad you are happy. We have lots of cool things planned and I can't wait for everyone to discover them!
  • SarahSkinnyGoldSarahSkinnyGold Cigarette Girl Posts: 99
    Sending emails to all musician app clients tomorrow. If only MailChimp were as intuitive as Appcat...