Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Double your sales with the new Instant App

Comments

• girlwithapplegirlwithapple Lounge Lizzard Posts: 17
    edited August 2016
    @ToddGoldstein / @Ben - is it perhaps possible to give a little more insight as to the "Your app has a website"-philosophy: http://app.cat/lounge/#/discussion/397/new-feature-in-the-adress-map-screen

It will be much appreciated! Thanks!! :)
  • Richard BarkerRichard Barker Lounge Lizzard Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    I have APP CAT PRO so why won't this work on my own APPS? do I have to pay for apps too that I already created for myself?
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Richard. Instant App is a Plugin you can sell to your clients to empower them while they still pay you for your "services" even though you now do NOTHING.
    You don't need that Plugin for yourself because -as you say- you have App.Cat and can thus edit your apps the old fashioned software way.
  • iamappsiamapps Lounge Lizzard Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    Just want to check this out. Ive got app pro and think the new plugin for my customers to update their own app is great. my question is : Do I have to pay for each customer who wants to be able to update their own app?

Thanks

Chris
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    edited August 2016
    Hi Chris, "Instant App" is just like all our other plugins, that is: charged on a per-app basis.
    Unique passwords guarantee that only designated app clients can edit THEIR app and not other people's.
  • WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    Is there anyway we could do this with the forms as well. Email form I am speaking of. I would love to be able to turn these off too when needed. Sometimes you need a form then other times you don't depending upon what your doing.

I hope there is a chance here that it maybe possible. thanks @ToddGoldstein it would be awesome if it could be done.
    @Wicked Forms ARE turned off by default, so I am not sure what you're asking. We want to make sure you can upsell every plugin to your customer. I suppose you haven't yet played enough with your Instant App to see how we're generating interest in plugins that YOU can sell without having to do a thing because your customer just watches the videos or plays with Instant App and will instantly want all those features.
    There isn't much more we can do for you short of handing you cash directly...
  • scfreelyscfreely Lounge Lizzard Posts: 36
    edited August 2016
    Hi ToddGoldstein, the Tutorial video in the editor has displayed the name Instantapp.com/hairspa, I just tried to browse the URL instantapp.com, it reveals the page where all the app resellers are listed. The app seller directory.
    edited August 2016
    @scfreely. If someone WITHOUT a cookie visits instantapp.com he sees the directory of authorized Instant App Sellers. Most people never see that page because they visit your seller site first (instantapp.com/scfreely) by clicking the edit button or because you sent them a direct link, which sets a cookie (as you see in the video) which guarantees that EVERY time they try to only type instantapp.com they get to see YOUR info.

As for the authorized Instant App Sellers: In order to guard the appearance that Instant App was invented by YOU and that YOU have a large company with international associates we make sure to list certified app sellers. This makes it appear as if others were merely one of your associates. It puts them on the same (or lower) level and guarantees that if someone doing a LOT of research will NOT realize that App.Cat is the inventor.

It also guarantees that if a client who really wants to buy an app but can't reach a specific app maker because he's a slacker or because his email address is configured wrong (settings) he'll still be able to get an app from someone a bit more responsive...
  • Kelvin EvansKelvin Evans Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
    Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am missing something here and have read all posts on this subject which do not specifically address my query.

My question is in relation to the 'Reseller Tutorial' and the ability to change settings in my reseller site.

After opening the client's app site and selecting the 'Settings' tab, the new 'Profile' page appears for my reseller site.

I have been able to edit the name of my company and change the picture but I'm unable to edit any other fields.

All subject boxes are outlined in a bold red border which I'm assuming is preventing me from editing any of these fields.

Does anyone have any clues on this?

Thanks in advance.

@KelvinEvans. You can edit your name and company logo. The other fields (address, phone, email text, site text etc.) can be edited after your first Instant App Sale. This also enters you in the official app maker directory (if you so wish by ticking the box).

Originally all fields were editable from day one but 95% of people put absolute crap in those boxes because they didn't understand the feature but saw an empty box that needed compulsive filling. As a result, Google started crawling total idiocy and associating it with Instant App. Not in anyone's interest...

So now only people with experience and understanding may fill out the extra fields. Both those traits are true for someone who's actually studied (and as a result) sold an Instant App Plugin.
  • WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    edited August 2016
    Hi @ToddGoldstein, I mentioned above about turning a form off. I have a client that has paid for the plugin and now would like to turn if off and not show it in their app. Eg. Hide it. Would this be possible down the track. I think I may have confused the question/request above.
    I suggested they use it for something else like a subscription but they are telling me they just do not have time for it and would just like the phone calls. :)
    edited August 2016
    @Wicked: You're off topic and have asked this question multiple times before. I answered it.
    Ringing someone's doorbell 50 times won't make the person be at home...
    Switch-offable elements (like the current gravity ad) will be introduced over time inside Instant App.
  • SarahSkinnyGoldSarahSkinnyGold Cigarette Girl Posts: 99
    I LOVE this. Sold one to every client so far, except one. He likes to just call for changes and chat a bit.
    Can't thank you enough for InstantApp.
    Sorry for not being so active on the forum lately. Just moved back West. Long story. Suffice it to say: I need the extra money I am making now ;)
    edited August 2016
    @SarahSkinnyGold. Welcome back!
    Yes, I see you get a lot of traffic and sales on Instant App. In fact you're the top seller, currently. Care to share your technique? Any tips? Suggestions?
    That sounds (oddly!) very interesting Sarah! ;)
    All I will say is this - "WATCH THIS SPACE!" and hopefully we can help you.
    I especially like your ideas regarding orphaned apps, and a system to make adoption really simple would be great.

*cough*
  • FundesignFundesign Lounge Lizzard Posts: 6
    @sarahskinnyGold, is it possible for you give us a display of your own app that you showed/emailed to the clients. That way I can get better idea of how it works since I am too new with this. Thanks.
    @Ben. I remember your cryptic announcements and am soooo excited. I think I know what's coming, yay!
    @Fundesign, I am PMing you an app because I can't risk it be publicly posted (thanks, Google...) but you find many posts about what to include in an app elsewhere. I remember posting about it about a year ago. Use the search thing on top.
    @ToddGoldstein. I suspect your silence to be the usual indicator of pre-release mayhem so it confirms @Ben's hieroglyphs...

I like cryptic clues - keeps you guessing, and makes the surprise of a new feature even better! :)
  • BrianPrince11BrianPrince11 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 8
    Thank you @SarahSkinnyGold for your explanation of how you got your great conversion rate. and congratulations too :)
    It is always good to hear how other people are thinking with regards to charging for the various aspects of App creation.
    I loved that suggestion regarding the orphans! I didn't realise it was such a problem, and it would certainly make a lot more happy customers.
  • AlainAlain Lounge Lizzard Posts: 111
    Hi @SarahSkinnyGold, I'm happy you're back! I read a lot of your post. And now you have some great new stuff. Thank you to be so generous with your knowledge, your participation in the lounge add value to the product.
  • FundesignFundesign Lounge Lizzard Posts: 6
    Thank you @SarahSkinnyGold! I found it somewhere that you posted it. It helps me a lot to understand better of how to use this.
    Hats off, @SarahSkinnyGold. That was a gorgeous primer on how to use Instant App.
    If you don't mind I'd love to quote from it in our Knowledge Base.
    As for your hunches? Drumroll...
  • scfreelyscfreely Lounge Lizzard Posts: 36
    Thanks @SarahSkinnyGold. for sharing on this.I believe it will help a lot.

My question, I tried Facebook-Message to my client with the Instantapp seller link, however, if we open the link using smartphone like Samsung, instead of page under your, it will pop up a page with directory of all resellers, (FYI, I have put my own name- instantapp.com/yourname/)..Anyone can advice.?
    edited August 2016
    The address you gave him had a typo!

Instead of showing "page not found" we redirect typo-domains to the app seller directory so your client doesn't feel lost... It's called "elegant 404".

Seeing as you're listed in the directory this makes sense to your client and neither he nor you look and feel incompetent and can go about doing what you originally intended.
    Thanks, everyone for all the compliments. Glad I could help with a few simple strategies. Nothing not yet covered by any economics textbook but good to revisit.

@ToddGoldstein Of course you can use my post for the documentation.
    @Ben I CANNOT believe the "adoption system" I dreamt up is already in place. Adopted my first 2 orphan apps today. Made some people really happy. THANK YOU!!!!
  • AlainAlain Lounge Lizzard Posts: 111
    @ToddGoldstein and @Ben, Guys you are amazing. Always pretty fast to add some great features. Thank you.