Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

selling the apps

Feli1719Feli1719 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
if im selling the apps to people do i by law have to charge tax... im in illinois

Comments

• MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    Hi @felix719 im not sure with US tax law but here in the UK you only pay tax if you earn over X amount, and you only start paying the tax once you earn over this total. you're best checking with your accountant.
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    @Feli1719. Welcome to the lounge. Please search the volumes of discussions and join them instead of starting new ones about topics that already exist.
  • RooplorRooplor Lounge Lizzard Posts: 13
    edited August 2016
    @MrApp , How on Earth do you come up with a pricing strategy to sell the Apps? If it's not too personal a question what prices are you charging for your Apps? in my mind I want to sell for £500 to £1000 from basic to All bells and whistles .. as I think if you start cheap you come across as a one hit wonder or a dabbler.. Thanks for any help
  • MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    Hi @Rooplor

Pricing is the hardest part of this business, you want to make sure you're cheaper than your competitors but without coming across like a one hit wonder. Unfortunately I can't go into detail on my pricing but have a look of your competition and work out a base line.
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    @Rooplor. This category has tons of threads about pricing with hundreds of posts. Please research and join THOSE discussions rather than opening a new one.
    I am closing this thread to prevent logic fragmentation.
This discussion has been closed.