Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

App maker car design

ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
@perfectp uses a catchy car to go visit clients. An app-mobile of sorts. I think it deserves its own discussion...

Same images on Dropbox...

Comments

• ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    @perfectp
    Do people strike up conversations due to the car? Do they ask questions? Does it lend you insta-credibility when you go and pitch an app? Tell us more!
  • AlainAlain Lounge Lizzard Posts: 111
    @perfectp I like your app-mobile. Really cool. For a couples of weeks I think about an Mitsubishi I-Miev electric car as a app-mobile. I like the idea of a cool small and different car like your smart.
  • AlainAlain Lounge Lizzard Posts: 111
    Can we see the back?
  • perfectpperfectp Lounge Lizzard Posts: 87
    It certainly gets looked at. As I have a photography company also and work for a few large clients we try and get it photographed at as many places as possible.

Our latest is the car with the Football European Champions League Trophy :) as we did some photos for them .

It's great when you drive it in London as ways getting noticed and clients love it as it shows how much we trust our apps!!!!

A bit about the car, for those that interested.
    It is a Mercedes Special 0-60 MPH in 5 secs, have built in sat nav, phone kit elec roof, Porsche paddle shift gears and the best bit a stereo that is VERY LOUD and has 2 amps yes bloody stupid as the car in tiny, it's like having a pop concert in our car....

The wheels are massively wide and is like a go kart, but above all clients love it.....

We are going to shoot a mobile app advert using the car if any one has any fun ideas what to do please say and we might give it ago?
    edited June 2016
    @ToddGoldstein Yes it definitely helps with credibility customers like the fact that we trust our apps so much they we will drive a vehicle with them on it.
    The car is also a great way to start the conversation, it gets noticed customers ask about it as it is a one off and then we get on to the apps, a real ice breaker.

We are trying to organize a drive across Europe in it for charity, would prefer USA to be honest but can not get the car there :(
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    @perfectp
    I've always admired "car wrap ads" in Europe (ever since the 1990s).
    Believe it or not, this is only just kind of starting in the US.

Can you tell us a bit about the process (design, pricing, how long it took)?

I have a feeling a lot of US app makers will realize that this kind of branding might be extremely beneficial for their app making businesses...
    The process....

We designed what we thought would be good but the company that did it had input also.
    They went away and got the vinyls printed and returned to put them on the car.

It took 7 days start to finish design to applying the wrap and cost £180.00 about $320 I can not get an advert in the local paper the size of a cigarette pack for that cost, much more and my advert is seen by lots of people very day and is talked about, plus our customers love it....

• WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    edited June 2016
    @perfectp, I had my car done, but do not like it. My Sign Writer was not that good. However I am working with someone now to fix it all as some _____ ran into me at the supermarket and wiped out one side.
    photo WRXsignwriting_zps43d040e9.png

I must admit it does grab attention. Your little smart car looks great.