Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Making Buttons

WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to make a button and insert the phone number? instead of html link

I have had a play, and if it is possible cannot come up with it working.

Any help or no answer would be appreciated.

Comments

• WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    Hi Everyone, I am going to rephrase my request above. I am meaning the buttons we make inside our about us page and news feed pages. Not our home screen button.

Just thinking it would be good if we could put a phone number inside a button, so it can be kept looking beautiful with all other links we create. I am not sure if this is a possibility or if I have over looked something.
    I am building a neighbour hood watch app at the moment and having police links(phone numbers) etc as buttons would be fabulous. :-*
  • MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    Hi @Wicked

You can add a phone number now, the iPhone and Androud detect its a number and start calling
  • WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    Hi @MrApp, Thanks, Yeah I was wanting to put number into a button and say call now for example. But it appears this does not work like URL's.

Today, I have had some weird problems, I have iphone 4s, ipad and samsung 3s. What i have done is renamed an old app that now is nolonger needed. Edited complete inside of it and have downloaded it I do not know how many times. Each and every time different things occur. I even did the apk section upgrade in console.

I have turned phones on and off, plus ipad, cleared all cache and browser history and still things keep happening.

Sometimes the phone numbers are highlighted then next time you open it's not. In the Html help section they have added new codes for buttons and pictures.
    Have not been able to get these new codes working, however going about it the long way still works. Have not tried the pictures due to the buttons not doing as it suggests. Talk about frustrating.

My Simple app today turned out to be 12 hours and still glitches. Your quite welcome to try it on your end. http://band.cat/nhw
    I do not know how many devices you have to try it on.

The other thing today is it me or is it facebook. In the past when I have added facebook url's to the page eg. page url they open to that page- then the client logins. Today it keeps going to facebook login, thats ok if you log in and your on that page, but it is taking me off the page you want them to like. Then you have to perform search again. Or do you think it is how the facebook page itself has been set up?
    On my pc if you click the facebook icon or the links I have put in also , I notice the browser going to the page shows the page name, then quickly diverts to plain old facebook.com without the page name extension.

I just cannot believe it, today nothing went right the first time, yet the other day eveything I did just purred.
    I have noticed Ben and Todd not on here of late, I assuming lots is going on behind the scenes???

thanks a million if you have any insight to this.

8-|
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    You can. The problem is that this button then on a normal computer won't know what to do. So please hold off until we can circumvent this by script like we do for the gravity ad.