Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

What are you charging your app clients for "push messaging"?

mdappmanmdappman Lounge Lizzard Posts: 11
edited December 2012 in Sell
Just wondering how much are you charging your customers when they want to "push" a special offer to their customers. Is the push messaging a one time fee of $4.95 or every time an offer is pushed out?

Is push messaging included in your monthly maintenance fee or are just updates included in the maintenance fee? If you charge a separate fee for push messaging what is included with that fee if anything?

Still learning so any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Chuck

Comments

• Terry TrainerTerry Trainer Lounge Lizzard Posts: 198
    I include push in my maintenance fee on the assumption that the customer will want to push once a month, that way you are covered anyway.
  • mdappmanmdappman Lounge Lizzard Posts: 11
    @TerryTrainer thank you for the info. I was kind of thinking that but was not sure. I still have not found detailed info about building apps so I have to ask questions.
  • Terry TrainerTerry Trainer Lounge Lizzard Posts: 198
    @mdappman I like reading through "the best of" which is at the top of this page next to your name, but keep asking.
    As people say the only stupid question is the one you don't ask

Apart from that look at other peoples Apps and ask how they did it, and what would you do differently.
    Have a prosperous new year
  • richardzeiger2richardzeiger2 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 6
    $10 per push based on this: at one time I used to sell Commercial text messaging which was $60 per month base plus anywhere between .05 to .08 per message sent....at 1000 people on the network it would cost between $110-$140 for one message sent per month, if 4 messages it would be $250 min. per month....so presenting this as leverage $10 a message whether they send to 20 people on the APP or 2000 makes good sense and is a great value to the customer and is built in, it is a main selling point for me of added value.
  • MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    Hi @mdappman

I offer push bundles at X amount depending on the bundle, I find offering 10, 20, 30 push messages in bundles is better than offering single push prices as most business will send around 1/2 push a month and having so many little transactions just confuses the matter. This also helps when sending the push message as they have already secured their bundle you don't need to worry about payment.

I hope this helps :-)