Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Selling White Label Apps - Without your Branding

evanevan Lounge Lizzard Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Sell
Ok , I am new here and have to say app.cat is amazing!
Love it.

I just got my first big client : http://www.supertechlimited.com
But they dont want my "branding" to show when you rotate the iPhone/Android.
You know, the one that says APP MADE BY EVAN

Is their anyway to remove that?

Thanks
Evan Luthra
http://EvanLuthra.com

Best Answer

Answers

• MrAppMrApp Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 309
    Hi @Evan

At the minute I don't believe this can be done, I had the same request a couple of weeks ago. We told the client it could be done but it's going to cost them £1700, they soon changed their minds. What you have to factor in to everything is

1: You will need to buy a second app.cat package just for their app.
    2: You will lose the marketing that app does for your company.

I hope this helps.
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    1,700?!?! I would quote a price of $50k without branding.... that's what the rest charge. WOW! Some clients just want it all AND the kitchen sink....
  • evanevan Lounge Lizzard Posts: 3
    i understand what you are saying . But the situation here is different.
    The company is totally against this branding when the phone rotates.

Anyways - its their loss! Lets see what else i can come up with!
  • evanevan Lounge Lizzard Posts: 3
    and secondly i saw that this is only the case with iPhone version . Perfectly fine with android apps !

• WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    I think as ToddGoldstein pointed out, use the gravity Ad, this looks amazing when activated and in fine print still put your app made by spill.

or something like Love our App, See ____________
    I also charge monthly hosting now, this way I found for updates they want, I include 2 updates per month in my fee. I then offer them a month free or 2 for referrals.

I have found Clients like incentives. This way you get a referral and they are rewarded.