Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

When Less Means More ! Stuff Your Turkey Not Your App

ImGoingAppsImGoingApps Lounge Lizzard Posts: 100
Can you give me 15 links,40 photos,13 pages, 5 back buttons, oh yeah make my app call me everyday at lunch ! And do it for 100 dollars in an hour ! If this is your customer then RUN . Wanted to share a story about a client that contacted me for a customer service app. Important features included logo on home screens, speed dail.
However I presented them with the app that included links and photos, a twitter feed it was loaded ! I loved it they didn't ;-/ . I hadn't listened to a potiential client nor had I explored the possibility of giving them less. App Cat software is great but if you cover it up with content the intended purpose of the app could get lost.
Please view a simple app with a huge potiential. http://www.appgargle.com/inova
Keep you posted if client agrees we're popping bottles in the lounge !

Comments

• ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Some of the best app sellers tend to only show generic sample apps OR apps they made for competing businesses.
    The idea being that you want to engage your customer's imagination. "This could be me", "This could be my logo"...
    Keeping most of your aces up your sleeve will allow you to answer "Yes" when they seem to have an idea about something "great that could be in the app, too"...