Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

SELLING MY APP

boofaa79boofaa79 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 1
edited October 2012 in Sell
Hi all,

I am really wanting to start creating apps and selling them. Can I do this with this software? and can I put a price on them etc 99cent per download??? can somebody help me lol. I have a lot of great ideas and I want to get started..

Comments

• EricEdgeEricEdge Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 274
    Hi @boofaa79,

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, these Apps are not like ordinary Apps. You can list them on Google Play and introduce a price if you like. However, they are designed to present and promote a businesses. The functionality of our Apps are limited to a generic framework so there is simplicity of use and ease of duplication through word-of-mouth, Social Media, can be achieved for all uses.

The Apps offered for 99cents are normally based on gimmicks and are more tailored to do a specific thing, like a game or hand x-ray, or compass etc and normally cost thousands of dollars for programmers to create and be tested before being released to the public.

You can make more money helping small business with App.Cat Apps than you ever will hoping your 99cent apps take off and make you money. The percentage of 99cent apps that succeed are very small and worth researching so you can make the right decision going forward.

Hope this makes sense.

All the best with whatever you decide. I'm sure smarter people than I will contribute more to your question soon.

Cheers, Eric
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    Hi @boofa79. I agree with @EricEdge: App.Cat apps are fantastic for brands, labels, and businesses as a tool of promotion and providing means of brand loyalty.
    If you want to make a game, a quiz, etc. you should learn to code but PLEASE don't expect to make money on it because that train has left the station.
    If you feel like you want to help brands make their own apps (like Eric suggested) we'll be right here for you and help you along.
  • Tim LefeverTim Lefever Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
    I make a nice flyer for my customers with QR code on it.
    I tell them how to promote thier app.
    They can take QR code and have a rubber stamp made! They can stamp QR code on evrything
    they can.
    You can make video to put on Vimeo for them at a cost!
    We app makers have to keep the excitment going for our customers!
  • Mihir43Mihir43 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 1
    How to sell the appcat app on play store through my iphone ??
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    @Mihir43. I am afraid you just made no sense at all. Slow down. Write full sentences and ask proper questions because we can't read minds...
  • MichelleCraigMichelleCraig Lounge Lizzard Posts: 101
    @Mihir43
    Why would you want to make a business-oriented app and then SELL it in Google Play?
    If I met you at a bar, and then asked for your business card; would you charge me before you gave it to me?
    Makes absolutely no sense.
    These apps are like business cards, designed to promote an individual, a business, an event... You do not charge for that.
    You make the app FOR someone and then charge them for the service.
    And besides, how is ANYBODY going to find your app in the App Store or Google Play?
    They won't waste the time looking!
    If you own this product, then you need to start making apps to promote those around you... and charge THEM!
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    That is so right @MichelleCraig, why try selling your business card? No one would want it and you'll never get any business. That's why we built App.Cat the way we did - for instant sharing across ALL platforms ... iOS, Android, Mac, Windows. Heck, even for those poor sods still using Blackberry!

I'm glad you recognise the value that App.Cat brings and I thank you for your insightful post!
  • MichelleCraigMichelleCraig Lounge Lizzard Posts: 101
    HaHa... Blackberrys!
    "Will this work on my Blackberry?"
    "I'm sorry, on your WHAT?"