Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

Any idea to apply the Coupon /voucher onto the apps?

scfreelyscfreely Lounge Lizzard Posts: 36
edited October 2012 in Promote
Hi would it be great if we could include another QR for Coupon Voucher onto the mobile apps. For example,
Download and flash your coupon to get discount...etc
I believe many restaurant owners may like it as they need to promote their business from time to time.
and it definitively is a good selling point.

Comments

• ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    How about you simply design a QR code and some voucher-text and add it to the photo gallery? I've seen it done in many apps. First a bunch of great photos about the venue/brand, then at the end a voucher or two....
  • joemadden1941joemadden1941 Lounge Lizzard Posts: 110
    That would sure work for me. My restaurant customers are willing to give discounts and promotions, but do not know how to get it to the customer unless they walk in and pick it up. This would have value for them to build repeat business and make their app worth more when we sell it. I can imagine lots of interest and sales if I pushed a message like Free Blizzard at the Dairy Queen today and tomorrow, just show the coupon on this app at the counter. The customer would see instant success when he tallied his Blizzard sales and built a bigger loyal customer base. I push messages to his app, but the customer, or I have no way of verifying how many sales the app was responsible for.
    @joemadden1941. Now you have perfect accountability on coupons. Nice!
  • scfreelyscfreely Lounge Lizzard Posts: 36
    Thanks guys for sharing.:)
    I'll have the free set of steak-knives with anything you sell, @EricEdge.
    Care to post a screenshot of how some of your apps use above concept?
  • BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    WOW! Absolutely AWESOME idea, @EricEdge - I wish I could give you two awesome votes!
  • Terry TrainerTerry Trainer Lounge Lizzard Posts: 198
    I will give one as well @BenCrockyKepinski
    or should it be inspirational?
  • perfectpperfectp Lounge Lizzard Posts: 87
    @EricEdge FANTASIC information!
    Any chance you can post the app you have done to see how it looks on a iPhone?
    Keep up the great work =D>
  • EricEdgeEricEdge Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 274
    Thank you heaps @BenCrockyKepinski, @perfectp & @TerryTrainer.

Hay @TerryTrainer you gave my awesome to @BenCrockyKepinski lol. BIG belly laugh! =))
    Is the coupon something you can copy and paste in to the photos section? Or how do you obtain it?
    Hi @joemadden1941, I created the Coupons myself and uploaded them to the photo section.
    I was afraid that would be your answer, I don't have the software to make a professional quality Coupon like that. I am assuming you are a very accomplished professional with software.
    Many thanks @EricEdge. Those online editing sites look good.
    Do you feel the need for a portable printer for the iPhone/iPad? and if so what do you use?
    Thanks for your question @TerryTrainer. No I don't use a portable printer as I have no need for one at the moment.
    @EricEdge. Nice image editing workaround-tutorial.
    It fits in with our philosophy that app.cat should work perfectly for anyone, including non-designers.
    @joemadden1941: Go try those online editors and be amazed at how easy this stuff is. You'll discover that freeing yourself from the "I can't design"-dogma will open up a whole new world of potential.
    That was simple enough. I did it all by bringing up a Google Image on my Mac, snapping a photo on my Iphone, editing it with Pictures with words and making the photo the canvas screen. It could be one of the photos, except I wanted it full screen.
    appcat.com/cowboysbbq
    Thanks Eric for the awesome sharing.
    Its great to upload the coupon to the photo section, however, you can't put in too many text as it might not be cleared while viewing from the iphone. just my 2 cents.

Beside the image coupon, i would suggest to Appcat to explore futher the possibility to have a loyalty program in the apps http://www.loyalmark.com/631/why-starbucks-loyalty-program-is-so-successful
    Thank you @scfreely for your 2 cents comments. I appreciate it.

I have been trying to work out an effective Loyalty type program that works within the Apps current parameters and keeping it simple for the App owner to implement and easy for the end user to use. Like "As they mark off or get 7 stars on a CARD for purchases, they get the 8th coffee free" for example. But all to no avail.

When I do work out something that works, simple to understand and works for everyone, I'll let you know.

But for now, we at least have the Voucher/Coupon idea that does work very well for all who participate, easy to implement and immediate rewards/response.

I'm sure over time if the need is large enough the team at App.Cat will create something wonderful in regards of a loyalty Program. Our job is making the NEED for a loyalty program large enough that it attracts attention.

But don't hold your breath anytime soon because there are other more important priorities. I know it's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth. ;-)
    Thanks Eric and lets pour in more. :)
    @EricEdge read our mind again... @scfreely: You should see our notes on this topic...
    But by now you know: We only release something when it's absolutely perfect and extremely intuitive to use for end-consumers AND app makers.
    @joemadden1941 There's no need to snap a photo of your Mac's screen to start editing something on your iPhone. Just Google for an image directly on your iPhone, then long-tap the image: It saves it to your photos.
    I didn't even think about "just" using a simple photo editing app (that also adds captions) from the app store to make designs and coupons. That's a great idea. And it keeps you fully mobile. Nice.
    I put text on photos with the IPhone app "Pictures-with-words" Free or Pro. I have always tried to use a photo of something pertaining to their business or location. I feel like this makes it more recognizable to the prospect and creates a feeling of I must have this.
    @joemadden1941 likes this app to edit images and make vouchers: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pictures-with-words-free/id505057039?mt=8
    Let us know of any other apps on the app store that do a "quick and dirty" job of avoiding Photoshop!
  • Tim LefeverTim Lefever Lounge Lizzard Posts: 12
    You can use Instant Polaroid Camera App.
    My favorite IPhone photo editing tool is Photogene. I like Pics with words to add text to a photo.
    I came across a separate system for Loyalty recognition in Coffee shops, the other day
  • CinarelliCinarelli Lounge Lizzard Posts: 14
    What was it TerryTrainer????