Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Years App.Cat - 1 Year Lounge
We started the Lounge because Facebook serves crap Martinis and is too noisy to communicate, learn, and share in a civil manner.
A hefty 1200 contributors and readers make this a great place for App.Cat aficionados. Help us by actively participating in discussions. Grab a drink and grow with us!
New here? This is Support on Steroids! Click to read how the Lounge works...
Welcome to the Lounge
Thousands of posts are at your disposal to find quick answers to questions others have asked before.
Use the search box to find the answer to anything.

Also our Knowledge Base lists hundreds of expertly written articles. Enjoy!
For security reasons -and to provide transparency to non customers- this forum does not use your App.Cat login. Log in here using your previous Lounge password or a social network id to see all topics.
Click to read how the Lounge works...

If you DON'T TALK about it - Who'll know? - Learn NEW ways to Promote & Sell Apps?

EricEdgeEricEdge Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 274
edited October 2012 in Promote
ATTITUDE | KNOWLEDGE | TECHNIQUE | WISDOM. Successful sales people have these qualities. Do you?

There are countless ways of promoting Apps in the marketplace. Like newspapers, leaflets etc. This discussion is about helping one another share more effective ways of growing an App business through marketing, interesting techniques and unique methods of finding a sales, closing them and gaining referrals.

It all matters when selling anything and if you have some wisdom or experience that can help, why not share? No matter how silly, small or large your idea is - here everything is welcome!

What do you say? What do you do? How do you respond to questions, comments and objections? How do you close a deal? And how do you follow up with a client to keep them coming back to you or referring more business?

NO HARMFUL CRITICISM | ONLY HELPFUL ENCOURAGEMENT ;-)

Comments

• BenBen Bouncer Posts: 334
    Great topic, Eric! I'll be very interested to hear what fellow App.Catters have to say about this!
  • ToddGoldsteinToddGoldstein Bouncer, Bar Keep Posts: 695
    It's well worth it advertising in trade magazines. When we started app.cat a few years back we advertised in "Magic Magazine", a total niche market publication for conjurers. The ad was very cheap and the results were fantastic.
    I call it "penetrating an industry from within". So don't by shy to go for obscure markets!
  • perfectpperfectp Lounge Lizzard Posts: 87
    edited October 2012
    As you have probably realized I can rumble on, sorry, but that is purely because I believe in App.Cat and our ability to sell.

So, one idea I put to a restaurant to help promote his app was:

Once there diners had finished there meal, why not ask them to leave some feedback on there experience. He can then offer them an iPad and ask them to complete the contact form, which is labeled feedback form. The customer can put in there name and contact details plus leave a few lines of feedback. This is of course sent to the restaurant email account, but then copied and pasted to there testimonial page allowing other customers to see the level of service.

I explained that it has multiple advantages
    1) Your staffs customer service will improve
    2) Your app is showcased
    3) Customers who did not know about your app, now do
    4) Boost your overall restaurant and the service it provides
    5)You look good for the suggestion and marketing tip ;))
    6) Customer data captured.
    i appreciate that not every restaurant can do this but some might like the idea

My main business is a photography and Videography company and I am seriously thinking of doing a few small short videos of different ideas to help push apps.

If I do it would be great to get other app.catters ideas and feedback, I will do the video but of course mention who's idea it is and then upload to you tube or somewhere so you can all get the benefit from them?????????

Again sorry to ramble on!!!!!!!!
  • EricEdgeEricEdge Lounge Lizzard Supreme Posts: 274
    edited October 2012
    Love your approach @perfectp. I'm keen to see what you do and would be happy to help you in anyway where possible. Well done. Keep rambling on, my friend.
  • perfectpperfectp Lounge Lizzard Posts: 87
    @EricEdge Happy to keep rambling on if it helps everyone.
  • Terry TrainerTerry Trainer Lounge Lizzard Posts: 198
    I LOVE rambling !
    Please keep it up @perfectp
    Story of my life. Read my articles on http://help.app.cat and you'll REALLY know what rambling is...
  • bowgenbowgen Lounge Lizzard Posts: 15
    For the new guy on the lounge, keep rambling on. It's great stuff for us starting out!
  • WickedWicked Lounge Lizzard Posts: 160
    I have invested in some software that pulls leads eg. I can type in Restaurants put the area I am searching and then it tells me the details of their address, website if they have one, Whether or not the website is mobile optimized, email etc etc.
    Then inside this software you can import the finds and send a Text and video message to these clients via email. The idea behind it is, If they view the video, I then get an alert and by whom has looked.

Then the follow up. Ok, sounds great, I have had it for 2 weeks now and done nothing as I am trying to put video together to show all the features and target the fact that they are not mobile optimized, and do the voice recording. However I suck at the voice recording bit and think I sound like a chip monk. My opinion any way. may sound fine to others, but I think now I have fifty goes at it.

What I have discovered, trying to fit everything in and getting the point across without rambling is really hard..... I find I just keep on rambling.

The software is not cheap as I say, it costs about $100 per month, or at least this is what I paid. Signed up for a quarter to give it ago. If anyone is interested it is called Leadnova However I can keep you posted on how I go in the end when I get this out there on clients desks. I figure if I only land 1 in 20 it is easier than cold calling. Also if anything it is getting your brand known. So If they don't want to do anything now, hopefully we can pick them up down the track.

Ok, I rambled enough...

Ps. I have also had some beautiful postcards made to drop off to businesses when they are too busy to talk. A spill on the front then on the back all my apps and their QR codes for them to try out.
    Or you could just license this video, which is guaranteed to sell your app:
    This video is part of your promotion package when you become a licensed app seller with our e-commerce package. You do the math...
  • bowgenbowgen Lounge Lizzard Posts: 15
    Excellent post Wicked. Great idea about the postcards. Any chance your could show us what you did??

Hope all is going well.

Dave
    edited January 2016
    @bowgen, I may one day. Have had pens printed too. It is like Christmas each week at the moment. Had business cards, pens, and two lots of postcards made of different sizes all matching. Except postcards information being slightly different. Different Angles pushing it. They all match my header on my website.
  • AlainAlain Lounge Lizzard Posts: 111
    Hi @wicked, what is your experience so far with leadnova and your video?